For too long, Big Tech has controlled the narrative on privacy. Giving up one’s data – and thus, our privacy and security – has been normalised, and companies have reaped the benefits. We’ve been made to believe that brilliant product design, public safety and individual liberties are impossible to achieve together.
Treasure is here to change this. We’re giving users back control of their privacy by building the most secure cloud storage platform – without compromising a great user experience.
We’re looking for an Application Architect to join our team of experts from a diverse range of backgrounds and specialisms who are passionate about security and privacy, and in making a positive change in the world. If you’re a team player who shares the same passion and likes to learn new things, we would like to hear from you!
You’ll be part of a cross-functional and diverse team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
As an application architect, you will be responsible for designing the major aspects of the architecture of Treasure’s applications. You will be a hands-on technical leader to the application development team. You will work closely with our Product, UI|UX, and development teams to understand requirements and business specifications. In this position, you will work as part of a larger Scrum development team focused on driving innovation across Treasure applications. You will also attend sprint meetings with team members to define and analyze development requirements and provide development work breakdown and estimates. You should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries.
- Provide technical leadership to the development team
- Develop backend service architecture
- Collaborate with development teams and product owners/managers to ideate software solutions that align with business requirements
- Design secure and scalable client-side and server-side software architecture, including choosing the correct technology stack/frameworks for Treasure applications
- Develop and manage well-functioning and scalable databases and applications
- Write effective APIs
- Perform code reviews
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Create a software with emphasis on simplicity and security
- Write technical documentation
- At least 8 years of proven experience as a Full Stack Developer, Back-end Application Developer or similar role
- Proficiency in Spring and other back-end languages and frameworks (e.g. Java, Python, and Django)
- Proficiency with common stacks (e.g. LAMP, LEMP, Django)
- Proficiency with databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, cluster databases) and web servers (e.g. Apache, NGINX)
- Proven experience with authentication and authorization frameworks (OAuth, SAML, etc.)
- Proven experience with cloud-based (e.g. AWS, Azure) application development and deployment
- Familiarity with application deployment/orchestration tools (e.g. Docker, Rancher, Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with microservice systems
- Familiarity with websockets implementation
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- An analytical mind
- BSc./MSc. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other relevant fields