You’ll be part of a cross-functional and diverse team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
As an Android app developer, you will work closely with our Product, UI|UX, and development teams to understand requirements and business specifications. In this position, you will work as part of a larger Scrum development team focused on driving innovation across Treasure mobile application UIs. You will mainly be writing Kotlin and Java code and you are expected to have a good sense of UX design. You will also attend sprint meetings with team members to define and analyze development requirements and provide development work breakdown and estimates. Here are the details of the things you’ll do as an Android app developer at Treasure:
- You’ll design and develop scalable, resilient and fast mobile applications.
- You’ll participate in producing deliverables (including architecture, technical design, code development, and QA) to high-quality standards.
- You’ll be translating functional requirements into a mobile app solution.
- You’ll be writing and executing unit, functional and integration test cases.
- You’ll enforce sound development practices and ensure the quality delivery of mobile solutions including, but not limited to, executing code reviews.
- You’ll cooperate with the back-end development team responsible for building APIs.
- You’ll collaborate with stakeholders, DevOps, QA, and other development partners to implement state-of-the-art Android apps.
- You’ll test your software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency before sending to QA.
- You’ll be writing technical documentation.
- You’ll implement new technologies to maximize application performance.
- You’ll work with external data sources and APIs.
- You’ll do bug fixing and improving application performance.
- You have a BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- You have 3-5 years of proven experience in developing complex Android applications using Kotlin, RxJava, and Android Jetpack frameworks.
- You have 3-5 years of proven experience in Android, HTML5, CSS3, and other mobile frameworks/accelerators.
- You have demonstrated deployments of enterprise or consumer-facing mobile software systems using industry-standard environments in Android.
- You have a thorough understanding of OOP, design patterns, Android, and enterprise in mobile application integration.
- You have proven experience with RESTful APIs to connect mobile applications with back-end services.
- You have excellent analysis skills and the ability to develop processes and methodologies.
- You are well-versed with code versioning tools such as Git.
- You are comfortable working in an agile product development environment, building from scratch and continuously improving it.
- You have the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
- You have developed a culture of benchmarking and optimization.
- Been part of complete development life cycles of at least two applications.
- You are familiar with Java, JNI, and Android NDK.
- You are familiar with Test Driven Development.
- Experience in iOS development is an advantage.
- You are well-versed with continuous integration tool such as Jenkins.